The commercial and recreational goods market is a growing niche for aluminum manufacturers. As more consumers demand products that are durable yet lightweight, aluminum has become a component of an increasingly large and diverse group of products.
Finding the right aluminum alloy for your application demands careful consideration of technical, dimensional, and budgetary requirements. That’s why it’s important to work with a company that understands your industry and has extensive custom aluminum manufacturing capabilities.
Pennex can help. We are a leading supplier of aluminum for consumer durables in a range of market segments. We are able to fulfill any request on time and to the highest standards of quality control. Keep reading to learn more about our custom aluminum manufacturing, extrusion, and fabrication capabilities.
Some of the many products aluminum can be found in include:
- Fitness and sports equipment, including exercise machines, baseball bats, soccer goal posts, and archery equipment.
- Air conditioning and refrigerator condensers and other home appliance trim and components.
- Ladders, lawn and garden tools, saws, and other home hardware equipment.
- Boats, RV’s, and campers as well as other recreation vehicles including snowmobiles, ATV’s, and a variety of pleasure crafts.
- Seating, furniture, lawn furniture, and office partition systems.
Different applications, of course, have different requirements. Pennex can provide full-service consulting, design, and prototyping for your project. Let us help you find the right aluminum alloy and the best way to turn it into a high-quality finished product.
Pennex offers three main services related to aluminum consumer goods production:
- Billet casting and specialty alloy manufacturing: We can create 1xxx, 2xxx, and 6xxx series aluminum billets in a range of lengths and sizes. Custom aluminum alloy manufacturing is also available. Two facilities offer annual production capabilities of over 200 million lbs., while our team of trained metallurgists oversees all processes to ensure consistency and proper chemistries.
- Extrusions: Pennex is a leading aluminum extrusion supplier for consumer goods manufacturers. Our facilities can produce extrusions measuring up to 16″ wide by 60’ long. Check out our catalog of standard die shapes online. We also offer custom extrusion engineering support for specialty applications.
- Fabrication: Turning an aluminum extrusion into a finished product often requires additional processing such as CNC machining, punching, bending, finishing, and more. We offer a number of value-added fabrication services that save you time and money when it comes to bringing your product to market.
Our team can provide aluminum consumer durables manufacturing with any or all of the above services. We’ll work with you at all stages of the design and manufacturing process to ensure your project is completed on time and on budget. To learn more about how we can help, call or email our office to speak with a representative directly.