Pennex Aluminum is part of the Metal Exchange Corporation. MEC founded in St. Louis in 1974, Metal Exchange Corporation has grown from a regional aluminum scrap trading company to a global trader and manufacturer of nonferrous metals.
MEC Founder, Morris Lefton
- 1974 – MEC Founded by Morris Lefton.
- 1979 – Pennex Aluminum founded in Wellsville, PA, one 7” press.
- 1986 – Pennex Aluminum begins fabrication operations in York, PA
- 1998 – Pennex doubles its extrusion capacity with the addition of an 8″ press.
- 2010 – Pennex acquires a new extrusion facility with a 9” press in Leetonia, OH
- 2011 – Pennex, York facility doubles in size to allow for additional fabrication processes
- 2013 – Pennex acquires a new cast house facility in Greenville, PA
- 2015 – Pennex doubles the size of the Leetonia, OH facility and commissions a new 12” extrusion press